Saturday, October 11

I Love Noobs!

Do you remember signing on to World of Warcraft for the first time? That sense of wonder? That sense of "I have no idea what I'm doing, but I love it?"

I do.

I think that's why new people to the game don't bother me at all. Who cares if they don't know what's going on? They're having a blast and they're experiencing WoW for the first time. What an amazing feeling! The sense of adventure and the unknown, playing a warrior because it's fun, and not caring if you're "doing it right." Just doing it. I love that.

I'm feeling a little bit of that as we get closer to Wrath of the Lich King. I can't wait to get to Northrend and have no clue again. I can't wait to explore areas that I don't know backwards and forwards. I can't wait to be creeping through the forrest at night, sword ready in anticipation, and get wigged out at the sight of a Level 8 bear. :D

For all the crap they take, being a noob sure is fun. I wanna be a noob again.

On release night, I'll go through the horrible load time and jump the on the boat with the rest of the entire server population. I'll put up with the disconnects, sluggish realm response, and I suspect, realm queues. But I won't be that one that power levels to 80 as fast as possible.

I'll be the noob that runs around to every NPC to check them out before taking my first quest. I'll be dressed in grays and greens and my quest log will be completely empty. I'll be the dummy that carries two swords and specs Arms, and stands in the auction house constantly to get a matching armor set, regardless of whether the stats work or not. I'll PuG the first dungeon and it'll take forever. I'll ride directly into a Horde base. Oops. I'll fall off something. Probably twice. I'll spend a ton of gold on crap I don't need. I'll level herbs/alchemy/fishing/cooking/first-aid the hard way by trying to figure it out for myself. I get lost a lot. I'll spend a lot of time in black and white.

And I'll love every moment of all of it. :)

-Fri

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Nothing since has matched that feeling the first time I realised my little gnome's feet left footprints in the snow. Small things, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! I think that's why I reroll a new toon every once and awhile. Made a gnome for the first time a few weeks ago and it was a blast. I keep one toon slot open just for those "Gee, I wanna be a noob" moments. :)

    thanks for readin!

    -Fri

    ReplyDelete