Thursday, June 3

Cat Prep? Sounds Painful

So five months later here's another post. LOLblog!  Sheesh.

Two things going on here with the lack of posties.  One, of course, is the "real life."  The other is a sad lack of anything inspiring to write about.  I keep thinking "Yah, but there's still plenty of Arms Warrior stuff to write about!" And then realize ... not so much.

So I was poking around Blog Azeroth and they had their Friday 5 topic as "What you're doing to prepare for Cataclysm."  And I said.... hmmmm.... What are I doing?

Well, first, freakin' waiting!   I'm thinking not until November, though. Maybe October, but I bet November.  Yeah, I hope I'm wrong and it's earlier...

Other than the waiting thing, this post turned into a what I'm doing UNTIL cataclysm:

1. I decided to see if I could gold cap.  Something like 214,000 and change. So, Nev and Fri are churning out potions and lotions and glyphs and scrolls and such like crazy.  It's a nice side project and, for the first time for me, going into an expansion with plenty of jingle will be kinda nice. (Started both of the last two completely broke!)  The AH playing is kinda relaxing and beats the heck outta Farmville.

2. Toon leveling. Still slowly leveling up Rowan the Rogue. Not sure what this has to do with Cat 'cept that playing a Rogue in any new battlegrounds Blizz comes up with will be wicked fun. Cause playing a Rogue in battlegrounds is the most wicked fun you can have in a battleground except for...

3. Neveron hit 80, went Shadow for dungeon running and heals for battlegrounds. Healing battlegrounds is more fun than playing a Rogue. No really!  Anyhoo, that was definitely a Cat prep so that we'll have a healer ready to go when the new 5-mans open up.  Healing 5-mans in Wrath is like watching golf on the radio. Blah!  And I'm not tanking any more.  I'm done with it. Pthooey!  (Right.  Expect "Woe is the Tank" posts shortly after Cat hits.)

4. I have two open character slots.  So one will be a Human Hunter.  And the other will be a Worgen.  But.... what shall the Worgen be?!?  So, on a few other servers I'm trying some different classes and seeing what I like best.  (Okay, we know she'll probably end up a Warrior, but it doesn't hurt to shop around.  Maybe a Fury Fury Warrior... hmmmm....)

5. Raiding!  What?!? Fri is raiding?!?  Say it ain't so!  Okay, not technically raiding. I do VoA once a week. Ony occasionally.  The daily once in awhile. And every once in a blue moon I hitch a ride into TotC.  So it's not really, really raiding.  But if it gets me better shinnies to start Cat with it works for me.

Prep for Cat really won't start until we know more.  Like what kinds of concrete changes will be there for Arms Warriors?  What are the new Alchemy stuffs?  What mats will we need?  And so on and so forth.  Just not a lot of details, so really preparing comes down to the basics.  Have plenty of stuffs for the new toons and make it as easy as possible to focus on *playing* with the old toons.

Easy enough.

A nice patch would be nice while we wait, though.

-Fri

No comments:

Post a Comment